Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Really Living

Today I decided to live
Instead of gliding by
I went out and looked to the sky
Unlike I'd ever done before
And felt a little piece of me
Would never die again


   The Ella's prompt is to be inspired by Sark. This is the first time I've ever heard of this author and it was like a breath of fresh air. A lot of the times we tend to just go through every day without really living, so that's where I went with the prompt since Sark seems so ALIVE. To read the other contributions or to simply get inspired go here.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful poem. This really made my day.

Ella said...

So much hope in that sky! I love your vibe~ SARK would want you to wink at the stars tonight and sing to the moon :D
So happy you liked her voice!

Amrit Sinha said...

Beautifully said !!!

Janine Bollée said...

Hope you are enjoying your wild day today.
See that you are into both German and Italian. Can you write is as well as read? Clever.

Unknown said...

I love that your poem made me feel that excitement in the day too!

Chèvrefeuille said...

[...] a little piece of me, will never die [...] That's something ... what a nice spiritual line ... love the way you have written this 'for' SARK. Very well done.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Keep looking up! The sky inspires. It puts on a sky-show for us every day. Love your poem.

Anonymous said...

I've decided to live instead of
glide - love that! me too.

Panchali said...

Beautiful...that's such an inspiring piece, Laura :)

Vicki Sheehan said...

I like this :) A reminder to find the beauty...

Preeti S. said...

Beautiful emotion conveyed with more or less justice to the feeling. I do not feel it too often but when I do, it is like a sudden awakening from a deep slumber.

Loved it!